Re: [SLE] reiserfs problem of sorts..
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 03:27:22 -0400
On Tuesday 25 April 2006 02:26, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> I notice that one of my systems suddenly starts to "oops" when I use
> "find". It seems like a reiser problem, but how do I get rid of it?
> Should I do a reiserfsck --rebuild-tree or should I run some other tool?
> The volumes are using acl, xattr and usrquota.

Hi Anders,

Boot into rescue mode and make a backup/image of the errant filesystem, first.
Umount the filesystem and run 'reiserfsck /dev/xxx' (same as running
'reiserfsck --check /dev/xxx') to perform a non-destructive examination. It
will report back what corruptions it finds and whether or not it believes
they can be fixed without rebuilding the tree. Note: If you invoke
'reiserfsck' without any parameters, a list of the options will be displayed.

Good night & good luck!

Carl