Re: [SLE] vnc trouble
  • From: Michael Behrens <behrens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:15:39 +0200
> If I vnc to any of the other ports (:1, :2, :3), I get a gui window, but
> the screen is blank with a 'X' for a cursor. The login prompt never
> comes. This is bad.

You will get a xdmcp login screen it this is configured correctly, with
different screen resolutions depending on the port specified. I think
you just have to set

DISPLAYMANAGER_ROOT_LOGIN_REMOTE="yes"

in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager, run SuSEconfig and "rcxdm restart"

For kdm, the effective kdmrc has to contain "Enable=true" in the [Xdmcp]
section.

Here ist works...

--

Viele Grüße