Re: [SLE] Adaptec 1210
  • From: Lorenzo Cerini <lorenzo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:17:29 +0200
Hans du Plooy wrote:

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 23:30 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 14:10 -0700, suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Does anybody knows if the Adaptec 1210 is recognized out of the box by SuSE 10.0?

According to http://linux-ata.org/faq-sata-raid.html#ad1210 this card is
not hardware raid, so you can just as well use whatever onboard SATA you
have and use kernel based software raid.

Although the SATA controllers on this card will probably be of higher
quality that what you typically find on motherboards.

I didn't really answer your question, my apologies. I just looked at a
picture of the card - it uses a SilImage controller, so SUSE will
probably pick it up just fine. It is listed explicitely
in /usr/src/linux/drivers/ide/pci/siimage.c

Hans

I bought a machine with adaptec 1210 on. It works as sata controller, but it's a fake raid.
It doesn't work with 2.6 kernel series as raid card. But it's quite unuseful to get crazy about make working a fake raid while you can use the soft-raid of your kernel.
L.

< Previous Next >