Re: [SLE] Oracle bid for Novell will put a rocket under Suse Linux
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:32:45 -0400
My thoughts on this are:
First, it will help SuSE in the Enterprise market in the US where Oracle has
a stronger clout than Novell.

I doubt it will provide any significant market change with the personal
systems in the short term, but long term if the enterprise market improves
for SuSE, then system admin people will provide some word of mouth.

At the BLU, our servers are running an old Red Hat and Fedora Core 2 because
the guy who installed the servers tried SuSE years ago and didn't like it.
Had I been the person to install the server, I probably would have put on
SuSE.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group