Re: SPAM: Re: [SLE] Accounting?
  • From: "Peter N. Spotts" <pspotts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:40:51 -0400
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:24:40 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Anyone can do the "one at a time" thing. I'm looking to work in a
> > large volume. Every time I hit "new" it goes to the next check number.
> > (that way I can hit you up for 10 consecutive checks) ;)
>
> Honestly, who uses cheques anymore? I've just today binned my last
> chequebook (from HSBC), and I think my last cheque (different bank) was
> written pre-1990.
>
> OK, I know the UK is still very dependent on cheques, but who else?

Enh, a few of us whose utilities -- say, gas or electric -- will only sign you up for repeat auto payments, not one-time on-line payments. I still like to keep me in the loop. So for these accounts, the only option is autopayment or check. Someday... ;-) Yes, this is beginning to slide OT?

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science Correspondent
The Christian Science Monitor