Re: [SLE] Prefered SuSE Postfixs mailing lists?
  • From: Elijah Savage <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:22:12 -0400

On 4/26/06 4:54 PM, "Sandy Drobic" <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>> Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
>>
>>> I am intere4sted in setting up my own Postfix mailserver and would
>>> like to lurk in a group to learn and see what is asked.
>>> Are there any prefered SuSE-centric mail lists covering Postfix?
>>
>> The general postfix-list isn't very SUSE-centric, and to be honest it
>> doesn't need to be. However it is not very gentle, and assumes a lot
>> of RTFM-time.
>
> I have to agree, the postfix-users mailinglist is mainly for admins using
> postfix in a commercial environment, which means you are expected to have
> a decent grip on the basics of Postfix already.
>
> If you wish to gain some experience with Postfix on a Suse system, just
> ask here in this list, there is no more appropriate list for Postfix on
> Suse. This list has enough members with good working knowledge on Postfix
> to help you set up Postfix and understand how Postfix works.
>
> Sandy

I am on the postfix mailinglist and I do use it in production. But I will
say there are a lot of patient people on the list like myself who like to
try and help out new users. I can say if you follow the rules and post your
postconf -n listing and some log errors as to what you are troubleshooting
99% of those admins would be willing to help you. I do know that just by
trolling the list you can learn a lot. I would also recommend that you
pickup the new postfix book by ralf it is very beginner friendly.