Re: [SLE] Cut n Paste
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:46:03 -0600
On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 16:55 +0100, Matthew Stringer wrote:
> Why is it that I can't copy n paste text from some websites from Konq into
> anything else other than Kmail but text displayed in FireFox can be copied n
> pasted anywhere?
>
> It's quite irritating that you can never sure what's in your clipboard or
> having to remember what apps can transfer data between them!
>
> I'm running latest KDE with Suse 10, but I've always had this problem.
>
> Matthew

That's one of my pet peeves as well. I'm sure it's difficult to design a
universal clipboard, given the large number of applications that must be
dealt with but it's also one of the things that Windows buffs bring up
to show how Windows is better.

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules