Re: [SLE] Cut n Paste
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:58:45 -0500
On 4/27/06, Gil Weber <gil@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> www. topgear.com should display perfectly. If after a default reinstall
> you still can't cut-and-paste an URL from Konqui to Firefox (using
> either "edit-copy" and "edit-paste" or "ctrl-c" and "ctrl-v") then
> something truly bizarre is going on.

top gear works fine in konqi for me. And, I can copy and paste the url
from this site to FF.

tried several other sites as well, no problems.

I do occasionally have oddness with clipboard in linux, though (using
SUSE10 now) ... for example, just now, I had the url from FF copied to
clip (or so I though) and when I did middle click, I got some text
from (who knows when) and when I did right-click and paste in the
konqi url field, I got something else.

then, I went back to FF, copied the topgear.com url again, and this
time when I pasted, I got the expected topgear.com url text.

Weird. And I know I have seen this before, where it seems like there
is more than one clipboard area, and sometime paste yeilds something
you did not expect.

hmmm