long boot-up times
  • From: "Mark H. Harris" <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:14:55 -0500
hi folks,
I have been living with a little irritation for some time now, and it finally
dawned on me to ask someone about it. duh.

Since upgrading my machines to the suse 9.2 professional boxed set, all of the
machines began taking 5 minutes to boot-up... hanging around for a very long
time "creating devices" and "setting up kernel module dependencies (if
required)".

What is the system waiting for? What is the trick to get the boot-up process
to fly by like before?

This is very consistent from machine to machine; however, once they are booted
everything runs great and performance is good.

Please help me understand. Thanks.

--
Kind regards,

Mark H. Harris <><