RE: [SLE] Is SUSE the market-place chicken or the egg?

[...]
> Hopefully I'll be getting SUSE in here at my new office, too. I just
> have to convince upper management that my 98,000 co-workers need to
> upgrade from Windows.

You aren't holding your breath for that, are you?

> (Yes, I am thinking more on a departmental level
> ATM. I'm not totally crazy....yet.)

You'll either convince a few people to start switching - or at least
dual-booting - or you'll invoke the wrath of god (er, the IT dept.) who will
come down on everybody like a load of bricks and mandate that nobody diverge
from sacred Windows that they know how to support... and spy on... and push
updates with Active Directory.

> I've got a few convinced already that my laptop has the coolest
> screensaver (matrix) in the building.

Yeah, yeah. That's just because nobody is running MarineAquarium
or DreamAquarium.

At least the DreamAquarium guy is talking about an eventual
port to Linux. There's hope.

:-)

Kevin