Firefox and CUPS: a bad interaction
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:00:44 -0400
I'm running SuSE 10.0 and Firefox 1.5.0.2. If I attempt to print the
displayed window using File / Print (and CUPS), the window prints correctly -
but the window showing the progress hangs up (and hangs Firefox with it).
Killing the window doesn't kill the process. I've looked for something about
this problem on Google, in vain. I don't know if the remedy lies with
Firefox, with CUPS, or with some combination of the two. Outside of Firefox,
printing works as it should.

Any ideas, anyone?

Paul