update evolution
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:01:37 -0500
I have experienced some "crashiness" and exchange connector slowness
with Evolution 2.4.0 and I see from the wiki that:

"Evolution-data-server-1.4.1.1 has been released with a fix for this.
All versions of
evolution-data-server after 1.4.1.1 would be having this fix in them."

The evolution data server that ships with SUSE10 (and after updates) is:

1.4.0-5

But -- it looks from the gnome/evolution web site that I have to
either install from source or use red carpet to get an updated
version.

Does red carpet work in KDE? I thought there was a subscription fee to
use red carpet channels, is that gone now, and it's use is free? Is
there a down-side to configuring red carpet on my KDE system?

Peter

--

A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long
be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence agst. foreign

James Madison
Constitutional Convention (June 29, 1787)