Re: [SLE] Firefox image messed up on some websites
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:33:52 -0400
On Friday 28 April 2006 11:13 pm, Richard Mancusi wrote:
> On 4/28/06, Paul W. Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It appears that there's some sort of graphic frame that's not properly
> > aligned with the text. Try the Amtrak website (www.amtrak.com) and see
what
> > you get.
>
> I did try that site before I replied and again now. I still get the same:
>
> Decreasing the text size made the "Next" buttons appear within the border
> and also pulled in the "calendar" words to within the border.

For me, decreasing the text size still leaves the upper "next" button caught
in the small space between "kids ride free" and "acela and metroliner", where
I cannot click on it. (There are two Next buttons, one for "Fare Finder" and
one for "Train Status". The upper one is "Fare Finder".) However,
increasing the text size gradually moves the Next button to the right where
it eventually becomes accessible. For no text size does the screen actually
look correct.

> Sorry I couldn't help, all I can say is it works for me. We obviously have
> a difference some where.

Maybe your fonts are different or something like that. The problem seems to
be that the web designer made some assumption about the relationship between
the graphic elements and the text elements, and Linux Firefox (but not
Windows Firefox) violates that assumption. I've seen the same thing on other
websites also, but this is the most egregious example.

thanks for looking at it.

Paul