Re: [SLE] Firefox and CUPS: a bad interaction
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:29:32 -0400
On Friday 28 April 2006 11:50 pm, Carl Hartung wrote:

> I agree your cups error_log looks clean. The Firefox segfault strongly
> suggests a core Firefox fault... bad installation... corrupted file...
> garbage left over from a previous crash... something fundamental.
>
> How did you arrive at this version of Firefox? Is this a 'clean' (all SUSE
> rpm) installation? Or is it self-compiled? ;-)

I picked it up as a tarball from the Mozilla.com website. I've assumed that
SuSE isn't keeping up with the fast pace of new releases of Firefox for
security reasons. Am I wrong about that?

I suppose I should try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and see if it
makes a difference. Come to think of it, I haven't had this problem with
older versions.

Paul