Re: [SLE] Firefox and CUPS: a bad interaction
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:36:40 -0400
On Saturday 29 April 2006 00:29, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> I picked it up as a tarball from the Mozilla.com website. I've assumed
> that SuSE isn't keeping up with the fast pace of new releases of Firefox
> for security reasons. Am I wrong about that?

Look in:

ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.mozilla

Generally speaking, and depending on the maintainer's workload, you can expect
updated SUSE rpms for major packages like Firefox to be available within a
few days of the initial release. I always wait a couple of days and then
start looking. The more obscure the package, the longer the wait can be. But
I've never had to wait longer than a day or to for Firefox.

Carl