Re: [SLE] Firefox and CUPS: a bad interaction
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:53:29 +0100
On Saturday 29 April 2006 05:36, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Saturday 29 April 2006 00:29, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> > I picked it up as a tarball from the Mozilla.com website. I've assumed
> > that SuSE isn't keeping up with the fast pace of new releases of Firefox
> > for security reasons. Am I wrong about that?
>
> Look in:
>
> ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.mozilla
>
> Generally speaking, and depending on the maintainer's workload, you can
> expect updated SUSE rpms for major packages like Firefox to be available
> within a few days of the initial release. I always wait a couple of days
> and then start looking. The more obscure the package, the longer the wait
> can be. But I've never had to wait longer than a day or to for Firefox.
>
> Carl

Go one better

switch to Seamonkey i have had absolutley no problems since i switched on
all 3 boxes 9.2 32bit 10.0 32bit 10.0 x86_64 and now the laptop on
10.1rc x86_64 ..

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed there emblem from a rose to a condom
as it more accuratley reflects the governments political stance.

A condom allows for inflation halts production destroys the next gereration,
protects a bunch of pricks, and givesyou a sense of security while you are
actually bieng fucked

from GSM

< Previous Next >