Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:21:27 +0200
I have a 9.2 system here where the network card(Realtek 8139) and the on-board sound have the same IRQ.

I know this because it is mentioned when I boot the machine on the listing of the HDDs cofigured in the BIOS. In addition RTFM indicated that the procinfo command shows the IRQs, relevant details pasted below:

irq 0: 1495304 timer irq 9: 690 uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd
irq 1: 1881 i8042 irq 10: 14983 eth0, Ensoniq AudioP
irq 2: 0 cascade [4] irq 11: 0 acpi
irq 3: 102 irq 12: 37136 i8042
irq 4: 8 irq 14: 13890 ide0
irq 6: 14 irq 15: 18097 ide1

I would like to move the Ensonique on-board sound device to another IRQ but do not know how. What is the 'correct' IRQ for sound devices? I think it was 15 but I would prefer to leave te ide items alone.

Would moving eth0 to a different PCI slot help?

< Previous Next >