Re: [SLE] ordering 10.1 is not going to be easy, apparently ( more)
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:20:25 -0400
into electronic streams flowing thru the cosmos On Saturday 29 April
2006 5:14 pm, Peter B Van Campen wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2006, at 3:56 PM, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Got my copy of Linux (PRO) magazine.. the one where PRO is
> > 90degrees from the rest of the type..
> > found an advert on page 35 which says to go to www.novell.com/
> > suselinux
> > to order my copy of 10.1 .. that link takes you to a page about
> > 10.0 and no matter what I try, including searching I can't seem to
> > get to the correct page..
> >
> > Any brave soul care to enlighten me, and others on this. Apr! was
> > nearly
> > a month ago now..
> >
> > --
>
> Hah! Since Novel showed up I have never been able to find my way
> around the SUSE websites. I expected some web-savy and clarity from
> them, but even at this late date their web pages confuse and
> obfuscate!
Still no joy... in fact I wound up w/ this page information after a
"tighter" structured search :

Search Results
Not Found

Promo
Search Again

* Help

Your search for "Suse10.1" returned no results
Search Tips

1. Check your spelling.
2. Rephrase your search using synonyms of your search terms.
3. Try our Advanced Search for more search options.
4. Consult our Search Help section for additional search details.

That really is sad..

However the article seemed to think there has been some last minute
dithering about.. as they try to make the kernal folks happy by NOT
sending kernals that are precompiled w/ closed source drivers.. but I
thought that was the sort of stuff that let us have the joys of online
updates for Nvidia drivers.. <sigh>

I poked around Amazon some. w/ no luck .. next I probably will tackle
google.. For a googleplex of pages w/ less information than I have
now.. ( hence my postponement of searching on their estimable engine.)

"When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By
Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."