Re: [SLE] ordering 10.1 is not going to be easy, apparently ( more)
  • From: "Clint Tinsley" <clintin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:46:50 -0700
> > > Still no joy... in fact I wound up w/ this page information after a
> > > "tighter" structured search :
> > >
> > > Search Results
> > > Not Found
> > >
> > > Promo
> > > Search Again

> > > * Help
> > >
> > > Your search for "Suse10.1" returned no results
> > > Search Tips
> >
> > You can always buy from Amazon.com. In the past they've made it
> > available for pre-order as soon as SuSE / Novell announced it and have
> > had pretty good prices, too.

SuSE 10.1 is not released product at this time. SuSE 10.1 just went to Release Candidate 3 this weekend; if it is available in the retail channels by end of the May I will be surprised. Pre-Order! Oh yeh, right. As a member of the Novell Community, I pre-ordered SuSE 10.0 Retail from Novell directly late last year and had to wait over a month for delivery and Novell wouldn't even tell me when I might get it! It finally showed up on my doorstep in early December as I recall. However, I will endorse Amazon as being a good place to pre-order it as long as you are willing to wait and save some money, a little.

Clint