No sound with SAA7134-chip based TV card
  • From: Jan Elders <jrme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:33:43 +0200
Hello,

I have a PCMCIA/cardbus TV-card with the SAA7134-chip installed on my laptop.
The card was recognized and configured via YaST and works well as far as the
video part is concerned, but ....... I get no sound !
I have found out that with some TV cards you have to connect the audio output
of the card to the input of the sound card, but that is not the case here.
The card doesn't even have an audio output ! The audio signal goes to the
PCI-bus.

I believe that I just have to set some configuration item correctly somewhere,
but where ???

Can anybody help me out ?

TIA,
--