Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!(now going OT)
  • From: "LLLActive@xxxxxxx" <LLLActive@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:03:12 +0200
On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 14:17 +0200, Catimimi wrote:
> Kevanf1 a écrit :
> >>
> >> For me, a 66L tank would cost... about $135 CND to fill. I haven't
> >> driven my car in over a month now cuz I can't afford to keep filling
> >> the tank!! And the prices just keep going up :-(
> >>
> >> C.
> >>

> > I just wonder what will happen when people cannot afford to go to
> > work? We always think of the doctors and nurses, teachers etc as
> > essential workers. But what about the lower paid shop assistants? If
> > they can't afford to get to work then how does everybody else buy
> > essential goods like food? This is a worldwide phenomenon.
>
> Hello,
>
> Oh yes, it's a worldwide phenomenon. In France, the cheapest I can find
> is 132 €,
> that is about : 150US$ in order to fill my 80L Peugeot 406 tank. Gas is
> cheap in
> north america !! and it can be as expensive as 168US$ !!
>
> Michel.
> >
> > --
> > I am only human, please forgive me if I make a mistake it is not
> > deliberate.
> > PLEASE DON'T drink and drive it's not clever, it's just stupid.
> >
> > Kevan Farmer
> >
> > Linux user #373362
> >
> > Cheslyn Hay
> > Staffordshire
> > WS6 7HR

In Germany it is also Euro 1,50 - 1,60 pro litre. 80 % of it is Tax
though. How much Tax is on the gas in the USA? My next motor vehicle
will be a Toyota Prius http://www.toyota.com/prius/, a hybrd. They sell
here for Euro 27.000 (lists for $21,728 in the USA - is it a lot for a
vehicle there?). Consumption is around 5 l/100 km (48 miles/gal or 20
km/l ideal = 35 m/g or 15 km/l real life city driving).

:-)
Al