Desktop Icons
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:38:20 -0400
I'm just finishing one of Donald Normans books on computer usability and was
wondering if it's possible to control the desktop icons on a per desktop
basis like we can with applications.

My thought was that the desktops could be set up for different functions. So
that each could behave like an information appliance.

The Dev desktop I would have a few terms and maybe eclipse, with the work
folders. Firefox would open go google.
The entertainment desktop would have the music player, movie player and music
files. Firefox would open to an entertainment page.
The communication Desktop would have irc, messengers and mail
The Finance page would open gnucash and my spreadsheet with tax and banking
files. Firefox would open to the investment page or online banking.

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600
Open Source Weekend http://www.osw.ca