Error with Yast2 module answering machine
  • From: Thomas Ohms <t.ohms@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:00:08 +0200
Hi there!

New to this list let me say "Hello" to everybody and bring forward my problem.

To figure out if it is a bug or my fault here is what I have recognized:

When starting the module answering_machine of Yast2 in console, I get the
following error twice a time:

Can't exec "ypcat": Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden (<--means "file or
directory could not be found) at
/usr/lib/YaST2/servers_non_y2/ag_nis line 83, <STDIN> line 1 (#1)
(W exec) A system(), exec(), or piped open call could not execute the
named program for the indicated reason. Typical reasons include: the
permissions were wrong on the file, the file wasn't found in
$ENV{PATH}, the executable in question was compiled for another
architecture, or the #! line in a script points to an interpreter that
can't be run for similar reasons. (Or maybe your system doesn't support
#! at all.)

I am using SuSE 10.0.
So is there something I have done wrong or is it bug I could report?

Greets
Thomas