Re: [opensuse] openSUSE @ Google Summer of Code 2006
  • From: SunSunich <sunsunich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:12:35 +0400
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:21:05 +0200 (CEST)
Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Michael Schroeder wrote:

> > > I like that idea very much -- but it might not be as easy as it
> > > seems in the first place ;)
> >
> > Actually we already talked about this a couple of months ago. I
> > think it can be implemented by having a transport mechanism
> > "drpmsync" next to "nfs", "ftp" and the like. I don't think it
> > would be so hard to implement.
>
> Actually, I'd like to see "drpmsync over rsync", "drpmsync over ftp"
> or "drpmsync over http", in order to spur the distribution of
> drpmsync in general ;)

Is it just a plan for future? Or it will be discussed in the "smart"
branch? Could it be a project idea for SoC?
I don't have a student status, but a friend of mine has, we could
implement that feature for Yast System Update. All we need is a
maintainer.

Best regards,
SunSunich aka Asa-Doo-Leen Saiid