Re: [opensuse] openSUSE @ Google Summer of Code 2006
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:02:51 +0100

Christoph Thiel wrote:
> [....]
> We are now looking for ideas, proposals, projects, etc. around openSUSE
> and SUSE Linux, that could be worked on in Google Summer of Code. As the
> period of application for SoC is already very short, we need to get our
> proposals for project online May 1st, 2006, at the latest.
>
> So, for example, if you are missing a certain YaST module, or a special
> feature in the distribution, speak up now!
> [....]

I don't know whether this "problem" has already been resolved in version
10.1, then please forget about this email. Otherwise, I think it might
be worth considering:
The configuration of HAL, UDEV, etc. is really painful at the moment
(and, by the way, not very well documented). For instance, it might
require editing cryptic XML files. It would be good to simplify this
configuration process by some means (Yast?)...

Cheers,
Th.