Re: [opensuse] openSUSE @ Google Summer of Code 2006
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:47:37 +0200
On Friday 28 April 2006 12:58, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> + implement a protocol and a sample implementation of a website
> blacklisting system (similar to Razor for spam or DenyHosts for SSH)
> through a central website or even a P2P architecture

It would be nice if it you could select blacklists from popular ones in the
net. There are blacklists for adult content, pishing [3], spam [2], sites
associated with the RIAA [1] , etc.

All this stuff is useful to protect children, but they fit nice as a module in
the users and security section of yast.

I dont think it is work to create yet another blacklist but better to
integrate all of them in a easy way. Just like when You go to the NTP module
and you don't need to know a ntp server, you can chose someone near you.

Here the challenge is:

- to group them by category
- to apply them in the right place. For exaple p2p blacklists are text files
and should be applied to the firewall, while spam blacklists are dns based
and should be added to postfix.

Perhap a simple architecture could be designed to update the avilable known
blacklists. But in any case I think we should implement a new blacklist
architecture for the internet.

Duncan

[1] http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/antip2p.txt
[2] http://dsbl.org (agregates various others)