Re: [opensuse] openSUSE @ Google Summer of Code 2006
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:43:43 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Christoph Thiel wrote:

> openSUSE has just been accepted at Google Summer of Code 2006!
> We are now looking for ideas, proposals, projects, etc. around openSUSE
> and SUSE Linux, that could be worked on in Google Summer of Code. As the
> period of application for SoC is already very short, we need to get our
> proposals for project online May 1st, 2006, at the latest.
>
> So, for example, if you are missing a certain YaST module, or a special
> feature in the distribution, speak up now!

I know quite some people are using the SMART Package Manager these days:
So, I'm going to propose some extensions to SMART to handle the new
rpm-md+ based update channels for SUSE Linux, including deltarpm support,
etc. Maybe a QT GUI for SMART would be a nice feature as well, eh? Is
there anything else that you are missing in SMART that could be addressed
by a SoC project?

Regards
Christoph