Re: [opensuse] openSUSE @ Google Summer of Code 2006
  • From: Ciaran Farrell <cfarrell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:53:07 +0200
Am Freitag, 28. April 2006 09:45 schrieb SunSunich:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:59:55 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > openSUSE has just been accepted at Google Summer of Code 2006!
> > We are now looking for ideas, proposals, projects, etc. around
> > openSUSE and SUSE Linux, that could be worked on in Google Summer of
> > Code. As the period of application for SoC is already very short, we
> > need to get our proposals for project online May 1st, 2006, at the
> > latest.
> >
> > So, for example, if you are missing a certain YaST module, or a
> > special feature in the distribution, speak up now!
> >
> > Our proposals will be publish on http://en.opensuse.org/SoC2006
> > shortly.
> >

> > Regards
> > Christoph

I'm not sure how easy or difficult this is, but how about a YaST module
(either a new one, or integrated into firewall etc) to help people (parents,
schools etc) set up child filters for internet browsing and e-mail. I'm told
that this currently involves quite a bit of fooling around with squid-proxy
and postfix, which makes it (and consequently SUSE) unattractive for at least
one market segment

Ciaran