Re: [opensuse] Problems with X after upgrading
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:25:36 -0400
On Wednesday 26 April 2006 23:27, Low Kian Seong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been having issues with suse after upgrading from 9.3 to 10.0. The
> problem is <ctrl>-<alt>-f1-f9 doesn't work like it used to and running sax2
> spits out errors with the xorg.conf file.

Hi Low Kian Seong,

I also had problems with SaX2 during the 9.3 to 10.0 upgrade. I think certain
combinations of hardware are problematic... Since I hadn't made any hardware
changes and I went around and around several times trying to get it to work
to no avail, I eventually solved the problem by renaming the
broken /etc/X11/xorg.conf and replacing it with a copy of the working file
from my 9.3 backups. YMMV, of course.

regards,

Carl