Problems with X after upgrading
  • From: "Low Kian Seong" <low.suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:27:29 +0800
Dear all,

I have been having issues with suse after upgrading from 9.3 to 10.0. The
problem is <ctrl>-<alt>-f1-f9 doesn't work like it used to and running sax2
spits out errors with the xorg.conf file.

Errors with sax2 :

1. During start up it complaints that no display is active.
2. Then when i try to test the configuration before saving, it complaints
that the configuration fail and looking at the log, this is the error :

(II) LoadModule: "keyboard"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/keyboard_drv.o
(II) Module keyboard: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.4
(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.X.Org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.99.log" for additional
information.

To get it to work i use the manual configuation method. It works but my
<ctrl><alt><F1 - F9> is dead

Thanks in advance.