Re: [opensuse] RC1 torrent very slow...
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:30:55 -0500
On Wednesday 26 April 2006 1:20 pm, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> I downloaded the RC2 deltas and am now downloading the RC1 CD ISOs via
> torrent, but the entire downloading is at a standstill. I do not
> understand, KTorrent says there are 27 seeders and only 12 leechers so
> logically I should get good speeds, right?
>
> And to think that I wanted to go the "right" way by doing torrent this
> time instead of FTP... :(

I've just torrented both ppc and i386 for RC1 and the deltas of RC2 for both
and this is the first time I've ever seen exceptional speeds for all of it
via torrent. It varied from 500-800+ KBs on Comcast broadband cable. So I
was getting line speed for my neighborhood node. I was seeding at 256 KBs
too.

I am still learning torrenting so I'm no longer seeding all of it. Sorry. I
moved the files to a partition with more space to build the DVD iso's. How
do I tell Ktorrent to seed from the new location?

Stan