Re: [opensuse] mirrors
  • From: Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:27:06 +0200
On Wednesday 26 April 2006 10:59, frank nelson wrote:
> Once 10.1 final is released, are all the installation
> sources, as well as the ISOs going to be available on
> the regular SUSE mirrors, like they were with 9.3? God
> knows they should be. Having two sets of mirrors to
> install different parts of a basic SUSE Linux
> installation is just plain silly. It's bad enough we
> have to have things like packman and guru, to get
> around stupid US laws, we don't need this current
> silliness to continue, after going back to a single OS name.

I believe the standard oss installation source (freeze of factory) will be on
openSUSE mirrors. And Extra, KDE-update, Misc, etc. will be on
ftp.suse.com-mirrors. I agree that it would be nice to have inst-source on
ftp.suse.com-mirrors too.

Guess it's a matter of how much the mirror-people will put up with. But Debian
doesn't seem to have problems with mirrors - and with their 14 cds and god
knows how many architectures and many netinstalls they must wreck havoc on
mirrors.

And by the way - Guru and Packman are working on a merger. That'll make things
a little bit simpler.

cb400f