how long is the support period for suse-10.1?
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:47:47 +0200
With the previous suse releases (prior to suse-10.1) the support period is
about 2 years, or 4 suse releases (if I'm correct). I mean supported by suse
for security issue's.
As example suse-10.1 is about to be released, which means that suse-9.1 will
be moved from the supported version, if I'm not mistaken. Now how long will
the support period be, with the new 8 month release cycle? Does that mean a
suse version will now be supported for 30 months, or will be support still
stop after 2 years (24 months)?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless