Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:40:04PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> It more difficult to translate than it seems. I can read, write, talk in
> English quite fluently, but I find it quite difficult to translate to
> Spanish or viceversa.

The same with me between English, German and Dutch. It is very hard for me
to translate between these languages, _because_ I speak them so well. I
think in each of the languages and for me it then is as if translationg
between e.g. Dutch to Dutch. Oh well.

> It is the technical side of how to edit a man page that still scares me.

What scares most developers is writing the thing in the first place. Also
because the developer is so close, it is very hard to understand what a
person sees and reads who has never used the program.
e.g `makeSUSEdvd -a /usr/src/packages/RPMS` is obvious to me, but perhaps
other people do not understand what I want with that or that
subdirectories are also included and acturaly every file in that
directory.

Another thing you sometimes see in a man page is just a long list of
parameters, but no examples or no good explanation. The manpage becomes
nothing more then a copy of `program -h`. Nice to have once you know what
you are doing, but hardly usefull if you are a fisrt time user of the
program.

houghi