Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 02:10:59AM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > You only need the sources of the specific program you are working on.
>
> Of course. But your recomendation of starting with a package included on
> the distro because he is on dial up, is not valid, because the sources are
> no longer included. That's what I meant.

Not sure if you always need the sourcecode to work on documentation. But
then that must be worked out with the developer.

> > Well, I think that what you want is not available and the way you want it,
> > not possible and this list not qualified.
>
> Why not? Wouldn't you like to improve linux and opensuse ? :-P

I am not saying it is not possible, I am saying it is not possible with
what is asked and especialy the extra things added afterwards.

Perhaps the questions needs to be reformulated with a clear objective and
also clear explanation of what will not be possible.

Many programs are just scripts and that still do not have very good
documentation. Because they are just script, you have the sourcecode the
moment you have the binary. That could already be a start.

So what is the question and what are the limitations? It is clear that at
this moment there is no one place of all Linux documentation for programs.

houghi