Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:32:37 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-04-24 at 16:30 +0200, houghi wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 04:00:16PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > I would prefer a centralised or coordinated method: people that can write,
> > or translate or whatever registering somewhere, and developpers asking
> > there for some one. Or users saying which project they want documented
> > first.
>
> http://www.tldp.org/ might be a nice start.
> If they do not do what you want, ask them to change. If they are unwilling
> to do that, start your own project.

Hum!

I _am_ already translating a project, ie, I'm doing my bit. I went out,
choosed a project at random, tried the translation software (kbabel),
asked for permission, and started translating.

Bu it doesn't work that way you say. I'm not interested in starting
anything. It is this way: I can translate, and perhaps document. I'm
available. But, if things are not easy enough, if I'm not enticed, I will
not go. As simple as that.

I did have a look at tldp, by the way, at the Spanish side of it. I
will look again when I finish the package I'm working at now. My
impression was that there wasn't much being done. Some translations are
years old and obsolete.

If there are so few writers and translators, perhaps there is something
wrong that don't attract these people to help. So, something has probably
got to be done to attract them. One of my guess is that good translators
translate for a living and are not interested in working for free (as in
beer).

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson