Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 09:02:58PM +1000, scsijon wrote:
> but, just where do I start;
> who's package has priority;
> how do i get the package (i'm on dialup only);
> what platforms versions will I need to hold;
> what is the testing schedule and who supplies the results so my
> documentation
> matches;
> what documentation level is needed;
> which documentation format standard is used;
> who supplies the "rough";
> where are the templates;
> and so forth!

These are all things you need to decide for yourself. You said that there
were programs that lacked documentation. Start there. As you are on
dialup, use a package that is available on your distro already.

Start with a small program and contact the maintainer. Start with the
README, then do the man pages. Later you can also do inline help.

The person to contact is the developer itself. To know who that is, you
can do the following in SUSE: 'pin program'. That should give you the
emailadres of where to reach the maker of the program.

houghi