Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:00:16 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-04-24 at 13:02 +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

> The point is to write to the developers offering your help to document
> things. They can point you to already existing documentation that needs
> to be expanded, updated (and in what way) or help you gathering
> information from the source code or send their documentation that they
> didnt published because its not done yet, they can answer questions
> about the app that you have or or or or or.

I would prefer a centralised or coordinated method: people that can write,
or translate or whatever registering somewhere, and developpers asking
there for some one. Or users saying which project they want documented
first.

Also writers need writing methods (software) that they can like. Not
programmers tools for writing ;-)

> The real point is that you dont get anything documented by crying out
> loud and complaining. This is OSS: do or die :)

Agreed.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson