suse 10.1 does not resolv in local network
  • From: Mrvka Andreas <mrv@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:46:24 +0200
hi list,

does anyone have an idea what to do if i want to plug my laptop into my
lokal LAN
and the laptop should be reachable via name resolving?

i get an IP address via dhcp from an windows dhcp server but he doesn't
enters
the computer name into the dhcp leases nor in my active diretory DNS.

furthermore, i don't want to hardcode any IP or macaddresses somewhere
like
/etc/hosts, etc... the name resolusion and IP gathering should by
dynamically.

do you know what i've forgotten?
or is it only possible using a local samba server (for netbios nameing)

TIA
andrew

< Previous Next >