Re: [opensuse] Documentation required BEFORE release!
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:02:50 +0200
Hi,

On Monday, April 24, 2006 at 12:45:27, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Monday 2006-04-24 at 10:57 +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
>
> > Help yourself. Get off _your_ butt and offer projects to write
> > documentation :)
>
> I'm collaborating in that respect (doing translations), but it is
> quite difficult to document a program you don't know what it does.
> Only the developpers can do that, I'm afraid. I can polish and expand
> a write up, but the first go has to be done by the developpers.

The point is to write to the developers offering your help to document
things. They can point you to already existing documentation that needs
to be expanded, updated (and in what way) or help you gathering
information from the source code or send their documentation that they
didnt published because its not done yet, they can answer questions
about the app that you have or or or or or.

The real point is that you dont get anything documented by crying out
loud and complaining. This is OSS: do or die :)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, Core Services
"Rules change. The Game remains the same."