Where in the world is openSUSE??
  • From: "Peter Flodin" <pflodin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:17:46 +1000
Over at Debian.org they have a map showing where in the world their
developers are from http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.loc

If you have seen Frappr.com, it is a website which let's groups share
a map and do the same sort of thing, but it is full of ads.

Well, I created this page http://peter.flodin.net/openSUSE.html

It uses the coordinates it finds on our wiki:
http://en.opensuse.org/Coordinates and then plots them in realtime.
The format of that page is

Latitude | Longitude | Info box description | Marker name

The HTML page is all client-side javascript.

Oh yeah, if you want to add your marker, this site is good for getting
coordinates: http://www.multimap.com/ once you have found your
location, click on the Link button and it will give you the
coordinates, for privacy reasons I would suggest rounding them off.

My computer keeps telling me to Have Lots of Fun...and it was the only
reason I did this, and I share it with you without any expectation.

Peter "Pflodo" Flodin
< Previous Next >