Re: [opensuse] bugzilla enhancement
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:56:24 +0200
Hello,

Am Samstag, 22. April 2006 17:06 schrieb jdd:
> So I think bugzilla screens should be split vertically like
> Yast screens are, with a help part.

Please don't - my screen is already to narrow to display search results
(1400x1050 laptop display!). Please don't add an additional column.

If in doubt, read http://en.opensuse.org/Submit_a_Bug and
http://en.opensuse.org/Bug_Reporting_FAQ
If your question is still unanswered, maybe one of those should be
extended ;-)

BTW: Maybe the section about YaST and Kernel bugs should be moved to
separate pages (Bugs:YaST and Bugs:Kernel)...

> What kind of bug for what kind of component, for example.
> and with a default option. It's probably better to have a
> bug qualified "default" than qualified in a wrong category.

I guess this isn't a really problem - worst case is a "this is no bug in
$component - reassigning to ..." comment. Simply use the component that
looks best to you ;-)

> When somebody wants to give several attachments and a
> comment, it's not obvious how to do this. It seems that if
> you fill a comment then go to attachments, the comment is lost

No - the "problem" is that bugzilla automatically displays the next bug
in your search list. You have to click "go back to bug #..." manually.
While this can be a useful feature, it can also be confusing :-(

Hmm, is there an option to switch it on/off per user? Bugzilla experts?

> after "need info", the reassignment should be made much more
> visible, I forgot it all the time :-(

There's a checkbox directly below the input field for your comment.
But I can confirm that many users forget to reset needinfo :-/

What do you propose as "more visible"? Font size 500%, blinking and
flashing? ;-))

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wenn du beim Autofahren ein "komisches Geraeusch" hoerst und stehen-
bleibst (ohne das Geraeusch naeher identifizieren zu koennen!), dann