Re: [opensuse] My problems with makeSUSEdvd
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 01:51:56PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
<snip>

Will look into the su or sudo next week sudo has been used since version
0.1 and this is the first time I hear a problem about it.

> So, instead I "su" to root and try again... and it fails:
>
> nimrodel:/home/p2phelper/torrent/isorc2 # makeSUSEdvd
> /home/p2phelper/torrent/isorc2/DVD_DIR already exists. Using
> /home/p2phelper/torrent/isorc2/DVD_DIR.DVD.6726 instead
> Making a DVD of several CD's
> The root password is needed. If you know how to do this without,
> please tell me
> Here we go.
> Not enough free space on /tmp/CD_DIR.
> Space needed is at least 3,349,180 B. You have 1,211,856 B available.
> Use the '-s /path/to/dir' option
>

> Absurd! Not enough free space, but the _current_ dir has 40 GB free. Of
> course, not in "/tmp/CD_DIR". I thought it was going to use the current
> dir for temporary space as well... so I edit the script after all.

No need to edit the script. It gives you the solution: Use the '-s
/path/to/dir' option.
So in your case e.g. `makeSUSEdvd -s temp_dir`. This will put the
temporary stuff in ./temp_dir instead of in /tmp.

<snip>
> (can not delete TEMP_DIR//suse/..... : read only filesystem)

Strange. That normaly only happens when the script stops for whatever
reason. TEMP_DIR is a mounted system. to be sure, see that nothing else is
mounted that should not be mounted.

<snip>
> The CD dir is there. And TEMP_DIR is still mounted:
>
> ~> mount
> /biggy/cer/torrent/isorc2/SUSE-Linux-10.1-RC2-i386-CD5.iso on /biggy/cer/torrent/isorc2/TEMP_DIR type iso9660 (ro,loop=/dev/loop1)

Most likely because the first run failed and was aborted before
completion.

houghi