security update policy]
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:38:02 +0200
playing with YOU and working with mediawiki, I noticed the
last YOU update was 1.4.x (with x=7, but I'm not sure of that)

Mediawiki being at stable 1.6.3 I wondered if this was a
good choice.. I asked the mediawiki list and got the answer
below: mediawiki is maintained for approx 1 year.

Given SUSE Linux is said to have security updates for two
years, I wonder what is going to be done.

Will a Novell programmer make the necessary patches to 1.4?
will SUSE (YOU) provide upgrade to 1.5 or 1.6... giving I'm
stuck with the 1.6 upgrade :-)

php scripts are very sensitive materials. vulnerability
found there can severely impact a server.

But of course my question is not about mediawiki (I already
cope with this one :-), but more generally, giving the speed
of the working Linux flow, how is the update policy setup?
10.0 is pretty fresh :-)

jdd