Re: [opensuse] Re: bugzilla is a little intimidating. (was: making the community grow)
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:17:56 -0200
Localised versions of bugzilla are useless - because most community &
Novell developers speak english, and perhaps one additional language.

But other developers won't be able to work on the same bug, unless
it's described in English.

The Peer review process described on "The Cathedral & The Bazaar" only
works if there is one common language. My primary-language is *not*
English, but I perfectly understand the need for a common language
-both- for development and for everyday life. And if that common
language happens to be English - then alright.

Bugs written in non-english won't be resolved until somebody translates them.

Maybe since SUSE was German - it would be possible to make German
bugzilla (as there are plenty of SUSE German developers)- but this
trick will not work for other languages.

For other languages - having a community leader (wiki or forum) as a
translator is the only way to go.
< Previous Next >