Re: [opensuse] making the community grow
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 01:52:35AM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Quoting AJ's mail in opensuse-announce ("schedule update") from
> thursday:
>
> Thank you all for your support for SUSE Linux 10.1, with this
> version we received for the first time more feedback from the
> community than from engineers inside Novell
>
> I'd say this is quite impressing ;-)

It is. Knowing how it is devided might give some insight. If it was 49.9
and 50.1 all the time and now the other way around, then it is just a nice
milestone. If it is 80-20, and now the other way around, then that is
amazing. :-)

> AJ: Can you please add some more statistics?
> - what percentage of bug reports came from the community for 10.0?
> - what percentage of bug reports for 10.1 came from the "old" [1] beta
> testers? (I don't want to split the community into "old" and "new" -
> I'm just interested in the numbers ;-)

Throw in the numbers for previous versions in as well, so you can see
wether the beta's realy made a difference, or that it was a trent waiting
to happen (and even slowed things down)

And remeber kids, there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

houghi