Re: [opensuse] making the community grow
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:52:35 +0200
Hello,

Am Freitag, 21. April 2006 14:19 schrieb houghi:
> To realy know if more people are helping out, it would be nice to see
> some pre- and post-openSUSE bugzilla numbers.

Quoting AJ's mail in opensuse-announce ("schedule update") from
thursday:

Thank you all for your support for SUSE Linux 10.1, with this
version we received for the first time more feedback from the
community than from engineers inside Novell

I'd say this is quite impressing ;-)

AJ: Can you please add some more statistics?
- what percentage of bug reports came from the community for 10.0?
- what percentage of bug reports for 10.1 came from the "old" [1] beta
testers? (I don't want to split the community into "old" and "new" -
I'm just interested in the numbers ;-)

Hints how I can query this on myself are also welcome - especially, I
could not find a search option for "reporter is member of group XY" :-(

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] "old" as in "<= 9.3 beta testers" with "susebeta" permission in
bugzilla
--
> I'm running SUPER. I've a USB mouse attached. The mouse is too
> sensitive, the cursor is moving too fast which is out of my control.
Even the mouse is performance enhanced, wow!
[> Qingjia Zhu and Peter Flodin in opensuse]