Re: [opensuse] making the community grow
On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 04:25:06PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> People already using Linux don't need really more help than
> what we already give (fine tuning they distro)

Yes they do. They most likely have not ever used YaST. I have seen people
who used Mandriva for a longer time ask how to install programs under
SUSE. What repositories where and so on.

> the people that needs to now how to organise they desktop
> are mostly new computer users (are they some?) or windows
> users. period.

I could use lessons in that. :-)

> We need to focus on application sharing.

That is a generic Linux issue and not solely a SUSE issue.

So yes, more documentation and information. Definatly. I am absolutely not
against that. It must be because it is wanted, not because somebody comes
from Windows or never has used a PC before.

I have seem people lost, because they changed from KDE to Gnome. I have
been lost trying to figure out things in KDE and yet I am not unfamiliar
with SUSE.

houghi