Re: [opensuse] cryptoloop
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:59:27 +0200
Lars Hecking wrote:
Now, obviously SUSE ist going to switch from an absolutely not widespread
solution to an obsolete solution, and furthermore announces this as a novelty
for the next-generation enterprise distro. What is this? Every other Distro
(Fedora, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu et al.) is using dm-crypt and even going to

gentoo :)

integrate LUKS, only SUSE does not!
I really do NOT understand that in any way. Does anybody else?
I certainly don't - cryptoloop is not only obsolete, but has serious
problems. Which is why I hacked dm-crypt support into 9.2, and I'm pretty
sure it transfers to 10.0/10.1. Email me if you're interested in scripts and
instructions, I meant to publish it all on ILUG but didn't find the time yet.

Instead, how about posting it as a wiki page on opensuse.org ?
I'm pretty sure it could be interesting for other people as well ;)

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:SDB
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Howto
http://en.opensuse.org/Category:SDB

BTW, the layout of the last link above is really weird here (ffox 1.5.0.1, same with konqueror and opera9)

cheers
_\_v FOSDEM 2006 -- 25+26 February 2006 in Brussels