Re: [opensuse] cryptoloop
  • From: Lars Hecking <lhecking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:43:37 +0100 (IST)

> Now, obviously SUSE ist going to switch from an absolutely not widespread
> solution to an obsolete solution, and furthermore announces this as a novelty
> for the next-generation enterprise distro. What is this? Every other Distro
> (Fedora, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu et al.) is using dm-crypt and even going to

gentoo :)

> integrate LUKS, only SUSE does not!
>
> I really do NOT understand that in any way. Does anybody else?

I certainly don't - cryptoloop is not only obsolete, but has serious
problems. Which is why I hacked dm-crypt support into 9.2, and I'm pretty
sure it transfers to 10.0/10.1. Email me if you're interested in scripts and
instructions, I meant to publish it all on ILUG but didn't find the time yet.